1. It balances pH! Lemon is an acidic food, but once metabolized, it becomes alkaline.
2. It keeps skin clear and glowing! Hydration from drinking lemon water is great for moisturizing our skin from the inside out. Lemon also contains lots of Vitamin C, which helps with wrinkles and blemishes.
3. It kick starts the digestive system! A big glass of lemon water is a great way to start the day. It encourages the liver to produce bile, which in turn aids in digestion. It increases urination, which helps purify it. It also helps with heartburn and constipation.
4. It helps with weight loss! I have read that keeping the body in an alkaline state helps people lose weight faster. Lemons are high in fibre pectin, which helps keep one full, longer. They also have a diuretic effect, which helps with water weight gain.
5. It helps control the coffee habit. I will drink coffee sometimes, but only if I have had my entire glass of lemon water. Most of the time, lemon water will wake you up more than the coffee does. If you need the comfort of a hot drink in the morning, drink hot lemon water.